1. So what made you decide you wanted to try The 6 day Calisthenics Challenge?
Amanda: Ray offered the challenge and insisted I wouldn’t die, so I wanted to see if I would be able to complete it. After training with Ray for almost a year, I wanted to see how far I could push myself, and also see how far I have come.
2. Did you have many concerns about going through with it?
Amanda: I was afraid I would be too tired/sore/worn out to actually complete all 6 days. Honestly, I was terrified that like 2 days in I would be too sore to even get out of bed. This was by far the most rigorous and demanding workout I have ever done.
3. What day would you say was the most challenging and what day did you enjoy the most?
Amanda: The most challenging day was leg day, by far. I have a love/hate relationship with leg day. It was absolutely exhausting, but the feeling of satisfaction and achievement when you finish and realize how many squats and lunges you cranked out in one session is awesome. As far as most fun, I loved the cardio day. Speed ladders and boxing in intervals was a blast and the workout went really quickly.
4. If you did it all again what, if anything, would you change?
Amanda: I would eat better during the challenge. Clean eating is one of my personal challenges that I struggle with. I could tell on the days where I had slacked off and eaten junk food that I had less energy and that the workouts were harder to complete. I would probably do more at home stretching too, in between workouts, to help with muscle soreness.
5. Do you have any advice for the people out there considering giving the calisthenics challenge a try? Amanda: Just try it. It is hard, and it does hurt, but satisfaction afterwards is more than worth it. Now I get to say I kept up with Ray for a whole week. And anyone that has met or trained with Ray knows that’s a hell of an accomplishment. (Also, you might accidentally get a six pack, which I look at as a positive)
Sending out a fitness challenge to all my fitness friends and family! The challenge is come workout with me doing my routines for 6 days straight. All of it is calisthenics. Amanda was the first to survive the “Z Fitness Challenge”. Who’s next? The fee is only $125 for 6 days. If you make it all 6 days you get $25 back.