2 T butter
1 C fresh mushrooms
1 medium onion, minced
1-pound ground turkey
1T minced garlic
1t Italian Seasoning blend
1 C chopped carrots
2 stalks celery chopped
1 green pepper chopped
3 beef bouillon cubes
8 oz tomato sauce
3 C water
1. Melt butter in a large soup pot on medium heat.
2. Add the onion, mushrooms, and ground turkey. Cook, stirring often until the turkey is no longer pink and the mushrooms have released all their moisture.
3. Add the minced garlic and Italian Seasoning blend and cook a few minutes more.
4. Add the carrots, celery, and green pepper and stir well. Place the lid on the pot and let steam for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the bouillon cubes, tomato sauce, and water and stir vigorously. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
6. Simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the smell overpowers you and you must EAT IT NOW!
7. Serve with crusty bread or buttery biscuits and a light-bodied red wine.
Courtesy of Margaret Hansen